- Ed Igler a Man behind the Barcodes at IBM
- How the first magnetically stripped plastic cards utilizing the Bar Code were developed at IBM IRD in Dayton, N.J.
- Lemelson - Con Artist or Inventor?
- Managing with Store Level Data
- Early Grocery Store Level Efforts by IBM
- What we learned about people
- Where Did the Mirrored Bars for the Barcode Symbol on Aluminum Cans Come From?
- Recollections of The Early Days of UPC
How the first magnetically stripped plastic cards utilizing the Bar Code were developed at IBM IRD in Dayton, N.J.Submitted by arthahn on Thu, 01/24/2013 - 13:25
After working for a Small Electronics Company called Taft Electro Systems in Woodbridge, N.J., I was hired on Aug 12, 1969 by IBM IRD (Information Records Division) in Dayton, N.J. to develop the first bar code digitally encoded plastic credit and ATM cards.